String teachers do amazing work in this world, partly due to our intensive education and training we have committed to, and partly due to our ability to use our intuition to connect with students’ special individual needs. What is extra amazing is that in addition to teaching people how to become musical and exercise control over an instrument, what students learn are myriad life skills that become a part of their overall life-long character. These are aspects such as perseverance, listening, the ability to get along with others with different abilities, backgrounds and opinions, creative problem-solving and time management, just to name a few.
RSTA is a modern take on the traditional idea of organizing in order to create a greater whole and to have a larger impact overall.
We are teachers of stringed instruments, orchestra directors, choral and band teachers who also teach strings, newbies and career teachers, retired teachers, chamber music facilitators, private teachers, college professors and professional players who also teach. Every string teacher should have a team that has her back – so right here is that solid core of care, expertise, fun and inspiration in the Royal String Teacher Association.
Come on by our RSTA Facebook page for string teacher wisdom and guidance. Get invited to become a founding RSTA member below as soon as it goes live. (No spam guarantee – you will only receive occasional relevant string teacher materials and you may unsubscribe at any time, no questions asked.)
Why should I join the Royal String Teacher Association?
Glad you asked! This is the only worldwide string teacher association not bound to a specific country, supporting string teachers all around the world regardless of origin. It is also not commercially obligated to sponsors, universities or particular methods; rather, the association is composed of teacher-artists and is self sustained by subscription and member participation.
RSTA offers members unique content:
- Inspiring materials to help your teaching – monthly RSTA SuperTopics
- Private RSTA Facebook Group – a fun, closed group where you can give and get feedback on your teaching, your studio or music school business, or anything we can help each other with
- Stringed instrument and teaching graphics for your royalty-free use
- Live video conferences and mixer parties with Bonny Buckley and string experts
- Invitations to special events
- All back-issues of a Museletter in one place
The minimum requirement to become a Royal String Teacher is to fall into one of the following categories and complete registration during a membership enrollment period:
- Hold a qualifying degree or certificate for teaching a stringed instrument (Suzuki training is acceptable)
- Be in a program that will qualify you to teach
- Be a retired string teacher
- Be a stringed-instrument performing professional who makes a substantial contribution to string music education, such as also performing outreach, composing or teaching
Would you like to become a Royal String Teacher Association member? Just let us know where to send some lovely string teacher goodies using the button below. Then you will receive an invitation to become a member as soon as it becomes available.
Your email is safe. It will only be used to occasionally let you know about the Royal String Teacher Association, send helpful freebies specially made for string teachers and to answer any questions you may have. 🙂
About RSTA Community
The Royal String Teacher Association upholds unique values in the world of string music education, including
MUSIC AS A HEALING FORCE